In this episode, Jonny and John-Mark tackle a question of the utmost importance: "Can a confession of faith become more important than the Bible?"
They approach it in three ways:
1. What is the underlying concern and why is it valid?
2. What authority and role do confessions of faith have in the Church?
3. What are the practical outworkings of this discussion?
In approaching the question from these angles, the guys show that confessions of faith, when properly understood as subordinate standards to the Word of God, liberate us to confess the whole teaching of Scripture. After this, the guys discuss how confessions of faith are useful tools for the teaching, training, edification and maturation of Christ's Churches and Servants.
Resources for further study:
- James Renihan's short study on confessions of faith 'A Toolkit for Confessions'
- The Creeds and Confessions of Confessional Baptists in the past all in one place